Carers & Companions
We only provide the very best carers and companions. We have a portfolio of trusted carers, both men and women, all of whom have been DBS checked (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) and are registered after they’ve passed a stringent screening process.
Standards are high.
- Are DBS checked and over 18 years old
- Have provided at least two references which we’ve checked thoroughly
- Are assessed for their level of experience and character
- Are kind, friendly and helpful
- Are employed by Somcare Agency Ltd.
We always provide a carer who can provide the services you require, and we always try to keep them as local as possible.
All our carers are trustworthy and capable individuals, many of whom have many years of experience in care.
Screening process for carers:
- All carers have completed a detailed application form outlining personal information as well as all of their education and previous experience.
- All carers hold an enhanced DBS.
- All carers have passed an interview.
- All carers are UK citizens, permanent residents or have permission to work in the UK.
- All carers have provided a minimum of two excellent, verifiable references all of which are checked thoroughly.
- We collect Photo ID and Proof of Address for every carer.
- All carers agree to Like Minders’ code of conduct and terms and conditions.
- All carers are issued with a Like Minders ID Card.
Safeguarding clients and carers
- We make it a priority to safeguard both our clients and our carers.
- If we receive reports of abuse or neglect in any situation, we will immediately report this to the next of kin, local authority or police, if necessary.
- We insist that our carers only work in safe working environments.
- We always promote mutual respect in any care placement.
- We consistently ask for feedback on each and every one of our carers to maintain our high level of care.
For more information on your rights as a carer please visit The Carers Direct helpline